Membership at Grace
If the Bible is the cornerstone of our church, then membership is the cement that holds us all together. Both Christ and Paul pointed us toward membership for our encouragement, our protection, and our instruction. We seek to carry out this vision through our four-step process by which to join Grace.
1. Membership Class – All prospective members must attend our Membership class. The “course” is composed of three one-hour discussions entitled:
- Who We Are
- Our Distinctive Beliefs
- Expectations of Membership
Courses are offered on Sundays over lunch throughout the year. Upon completion, those who attend all three classes are able but not obligated to sign up for a membership interview, the second step of the membership process.
2. Membership Interview – In a 45 minute meeting, the prospective member meets with an elder to provide basic biographical information and recount God’s converting work in his or her life. The prospective member would then sign the statement of faith and membership covenant, and their name would go to the elders.
3. Elder Recommendation – At a regularly scheduled elders’ meeting, the elder will review the applicant’s testimony with the other elders. Upon receiving their collective approval, the candidate’s application proceeds to the next step: congregational affirmation.
4. Congregational Affirmation – During our Church Family meetings, each elder who conducted an interview briefly describes how the applicants, who are desiring to be admitted to membership, have come to know the Lord. Questions are fielded, a vote is taken, and with a majority secured, candidates are admitted into membership.
We look forward to welcoming you into the local body of Christ.